Due to COVID-19 all sessions will be held remotely until further notice. 

FREQUENTLY

asked

questions

Answers to your frequently asked questions below!

book your free consultation

Is therapy right for me? What will I get out of it?

Therapy is a deeply personal experience. In our fast-paced society, life can sometimes become too much. Therapy gives you a space of your own and allows you to address a number of concerns including: feeling sad or unmotivated, excessive worry, trauma, difficult life transitions, and relationship problems.

I use a personal growth model in my practice and am an equal in the process. Nobody understands your life more than you and I respect that each individual has unique life experiences. The goal is not simply to feel better; the goal is to improve, transform, and enrich your quality of life.

You get out of therapy what you put into it. Clients who have been successful in therapy with me are those who are motivated to make healthy, supportive changes in their lives, are engaged in session, and open to feedback and reflection. To put it in perspective, an hour session is less than 1% of your week. In order to meet your goals, you must set your self up for success the other 99% of the time.

i'm interested in therapy. Now what?

I encourage all prospective clients to book a complimentary, 15 minute phone consultation. Once scheduled, I will send out a brief, 5 minute questionnaire for you to complete before we chat. This consultation will help us determine if I'm the best fit for you as a therapist and if not, give us the opportunity to discuss referrals. 

If we decide our work together is a good fit, we will schedule you for your next appointment over the phone. I will then send you a link to sign up for your own client portal where you will complete all your paperwork. 

What should I do before my first appointment? Afterwards?

Please ensure all paperwork is completed through your client portal prior to our first appointment. If your paperwork is not completed, we will have to use session time for you to complete it.

I recommend taking about fifteen minutes before the appointment to get yourself settled and comfortable. It's common to be nervous before something new! Find a space that is both comfortable and confidential for you to have session. I recommend having the goodies with you- water, tissues, perhaps a blanket or your furry friend.

We will spend part of the first session discussing self-care strategies. After your first appointment and any future EMDR appointment, I recommend utilizing the skills we discussed and incorporating those into a self-care routine that works best for you!

What do i do in session?

Each EMDR session is unique to each individual and where they are at in the process. Prior to the reprocessing piece of EMDR, we will spend time learning and practicing relaxation and grounding skills that you can utilize outside of session. These skills are essential in managing and aiding your nervous system. 

A typical reprocessing session will require you to be in a comfortable setting where you can tap - don't worry, I'll show you how in session. The tapping we do in session involves the use of bilateral stimulation, which engages both the left and right hemisphere of the brain. Here we are replicating the eye movements of REM (dream) sleep, and allow the brain to reduce the emotional response associated with the event we are reprocessing. 

Ultimately, all you need to do in session is show up and be open to the process.

How often do i need to attend session?

Sessions are recommended weekly until the goals that we discuss during our consultation are met. At that time, I will recommend continuing sessions on a bimonthly basis.

Do you take insurance? What are your fees?

I do not take insurance and can provide required documentation if clients wish to submit to insurance for out of network coverage.

My fee for a 60-minute session is $200. An extended, 90-minute session is $300.